Monday, August 11, 2008

Potty Training 101

And so begins the process of potty training. Sydney has been going on the potty on and off since the beginning of April. I decided I would dedicate a week to not going anywhere (besides work-then the training was on Daddy, Grammy and Grandpa) and just stay at home with Sydney and potty train her. We didn't go the pull-up route, we went straight for the big girl underwear! We went to the store and I held up two packages of underwear for Sydney to pick which pack she wanted and she grabbed both packages and said "both". We ended up buying both which was a good idea so we didn't have to do wash everyday!
Today went as well as could be expected. She had 4 accidents today, which wasn't as bad as I expected. We set a timer and she had to go on the potty every 15 minutes. We caved in and bought M&M's as an incentive for her to really try. She was all excited when she saw those in a container in the bathroom, and only wanted the yellow M&M's or as she calls them "M's"
She's showing off her big girl undies!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, isn't she just precious! Look at those cute lil underpants!

Though, I'm thinkin, you might wana teach your lil girl some modesty! PLEASE!! :)