Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Little Miss Monkey!

We have been trying to get Sydney to play by herself lately by putting a gate in her doorway and putting music on in her room and letting her just go to town playing by herself. Well, on Monday this week I put up that gate and went off to do some cleaning, and I kept checking on her. The first time I went to check on her I found that she was tearing her room apart, taking out every toy she ever owned, even the ones under her crib. I was alright with that, although I don't care for messes, I knew that we could clean it up and she is doing a great job playing by herself. The next time I went to check on her I found her acting like a monkey trying to climb on her crib. Most kids try to climb out of their cribs, which thankfully she has never attempted, but my child likes to get into her crib and sleep.
She saw me trying to take pictures, but still kept climbing. She probably assumed that if I was taking a picture of her doing something that it was ok to do.
"Watch this Mommy, look what I can do"

Just checking to get my reaction to see if I am getting upset.
"I did it!"


No comments: