Wednesday, January 14, 2009

MUD!

Recently Sydney has been wanting to do nothing but read! She is actaully sitting through paperback books~no more little baby board books! We have moved on to bigger and better stories. Sydney found a Barney book, Barney goes to the Doctor. It has become one of her favorites. Unfortunately Barney books are no longer being printed so Barnes and Nobles doesn't sell them. We were saddened yet happy all at the same time. Barney is not my favorite, but if that's what she likes to read, I am not going to stop her love to read. Monday night I took out a new book Mud! and read it to Sydney before bed. She sat on her toddler bed in awe at the fact that the children were covered in mud. She fell in LOVE with the book. At 9:30 at night Sydney walked into the living room with her mud book ready to read again. Obviously I didn't read it to her but did explain to her that I love that she wants to read but we also need to sleep because that is how we grow big and strong. She did fall asleep but then woke up at 7:15 and walked into our room with what in her hand...you guessed it, the Mud book! She has not parted from that book the past day! She has mesmerized the whole book!

Sydney's favorite books: Barney goes to the Doctor, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Mud!, The Zoo Book, Old Hat New Hat and Bear Snores On.

No comments: