Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Day of Fun

The three of us spent Valentines Day together. We have always thought it was important to show Sydney how much she is loved too on Valentines Day~so all three of us spend the day together, not just Will and I.

The morning began with Sydney making heart shaped french toast! She did a great job and it was delicious! After we got ready for the day I told Sydney that she could find her present...that it was somewhere in Mommy and Daddy's room. This is how the conversation went:

Sydney~ "No, it's not"

Mommy~ "How do you know it's not in there?"

Sydney~ "I checked!"

Mommy~ "Go look again, I think it's sitting on our bed"

Sydney~ she runs into our room "There it is, there it is, I found it!"

She has been such a sneak! She is way too smart, we can't even hide things from her anymore~we didn't even know she was searching for her present.
After opening her gift of a HUGE pencil, headbands, chocolates, and expandable facecloths. we went off to Chuck E. Cheese. We all had a great time there and won over 400 tickets!!! Sydney tend to do some of the rides, but mainly likes the slides and climbers. I was shocked when she climbed up into the tunnels that were on the ceiling and then went down the twisty slide all by herself!!!
Then it was time for Sydney's nap. The fun continued after she woke up! We just stayed in and played, played, played (as Sydney says)! We did moon sand, lacing cards, footprint stamps, and puzzles. It was just undivided attention on her~no dishes were touched on V-day! =) Then off to bed she went and then it was time for Will and I to spend some time together. He rented movies and ordered us Chinese food! It was a really great day all together!! Hope everyone had a great day too!


time to mix it
gotta get enough bread
our finished product
"Mmmmm chocolates!"
"something else?"
"mail" or just a card =)
she loves to color!
gotta love the kiddie land at Chuck E. Cheese
I'm not sure who she was smiling at...cuz it sure wasn't me =)
feel the love!
this is the slide she went down!
here she comes!
moon sand~(thanks Liz for all the different molds, she loves them!)
filling it up!
yummy ice cream!
concentrating
lacing cards~the very hungry caterpillar
she's doing great! her first time with lacing cards
the final product
Mommy showing Sydney how to use the animal foot print stamps
I think Mommy was having more fun than Sydney =)
One of her favorite floor puzzles
almost finished!

No comments: