Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"I keep slipping!"

"I keep slipping" was the phrase of the day on Monday. Sydney and I spend the afternoon at my brother and family's house. They live across from a huge pond where they go fishing, ice fishing, snowmobiling, and skating on. It was such a perfect day to ice skate! There wasn't anymore snow on the ice and bright blue skies! We had such a great time falling and laughing at each other! =) Sydney and my niece Elizabeth~who's 3 years old, didn't use ice skates, we just pulled them around on the sled.




My brother and his family!
Brent drilled holes in the ice for ice fishing while we skated, which made me feel more safe to see how thick the ice actually was...it was well over a foot thick!
it keeps going further
the hole
Sydney taking a ride!
watching everyone ice skate, probably asking herself how this is fun because everyone keeps falling over every time they move =)
all the kids!
Casey and Sydney...my favorite picture!
Sydney and Elizabeth "sharing" the sled
just a quick break...it's hard standing up on ice without falling =)
see...that's Aaron...couldn't quite stay up very long
Sydney attempted to pull Elizabeth...didn't quite work
what a beautiful day!

1 comment:

cdr2009 said...

just leaving a comment to show you I finally got a blog =P