Friday, September 4, 2009

Baby Tman's 23 week Dr. appointment

Today I went for another monthly doctor appointment for the baby. Although I think all the nurses were talking more about Sydney than about the new baby =)

I was nervous about the lack of weight that I thought I gained. It turned out that I did only gain 1 pound. The doctor was a little concerned, but wasn't overly concerned to the point where she wanted to take action. She asked me if I had been eating a lot, and I had explained everything that had been going on in the past week and really wasn't eating much. She understood and told me that she wants me to be eating more daily and wants my weight up a couple more pounds by my next visit. I don't want to harm the baby by not eating but just haven't been in the mood to really eat, but yet, I know the baby needs nutrition even if I don't feel like I do.

The baby's heartbeat was 164 today. The nurse asked me if we knew if it was a girl or boy. I told her we didn't want to know, but that I too was tracking the heartbeat and know that the higher it is the more likely it is a girl. She said usually a 164 means a girl, but she told that to another woman with the same heartbeat for her baby and they had the ultrasound right after that heart rate was taken and it was actually a boy. I guess we can all make guesses, but won't know for sure until the baby is born.

Overall everything looks great! More baby belly pics will be taken soon =)

No comments: