I stayed with him from Friday til the time he passed Sunday early afternoon. No matter how much people were telling me to just go home and get rest, I didn't want to leave his side. I knew that these were his last days and wanted to spend them with him.
Him as well as my Grandmother both were thoughtful enough to wait until after my birthday that Saturday to pass. Both of them passed on August 30th, one 2006 and the other 2009.
He was a great man as well as a wonderful grandfather. I have so many wonderful memories of him that I will cherish and hold dear and one day be able to tell Sydney as well as our future children. He was also a wonderful Great Grandfather to Sydney and cherished her so much! It pained me to know that this next baby will never get to know him even if it would have been for a short period like Sydney did.
This whole experience was difficult to try to explain to Sydney. We basically explained that God took Great Grandpa to be with him in Heaven and we wouldn't be able to see him anymore. She did attend the funeral and burial at the cemetery. We just explained that it was a goodbye party we were having for him. We were sad that he won't be with us, but happy that he is with God. We kept it as basic as possible. She didn't know that he was in the coffin~because that would have been way too confusing for her.
I was able to get some special pictures at the cemetery. My grandfather served in the Navy and was honored for that!
The American Flag covering his coffin
We love you and will miss you Grandpa/Great Grandpa!!!
1 comment:
I like that article it is so intersting. And that give very new information. Thanks for posting me such a nice postes. For the more information visit www(dot)freedomdisplaycases(dot)com.
Flag Cases
Post a Comment