Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Beaching It!

Yesterday Sydney, Liz (my friend) and I went to the Cape to spend the day at the beach! We finally had a nice blue sky with warm weather to enjoy. I thought that since Sydney had been taking swimming lessons and has not been nervous to be swimming and being in 4ft. of water that she would enjoy going into the ocean, but she wasn't. I think the vast ocean was just too overwhelming and a little scary, not to mention a lot colder than a heated pool. She did put her feet in and went in with me, but she just enjoyed playing in the sand~or as she called it a giant sand box!
Unfortunately, I did end up getting burnt real bad on my back and legs~I should be use to this by now, I have always burnt! Sydney on the other hand has Will's skin, thankfully, and tans so easily!!!


Sydney's first look at the ocean when we got there
She attempted to get water in her bucket, but decided against it.
Trying to catch some rays!
Mommy and Sydney at the ocean!
Time for lunch!
Those are suppose to be sunglasses, but look more like prescription glasses =)
running around the beach
trying to make her sandcastle
forget the bucket, just use your hands to build
I took this picture while I was lying down~check out the beautiful blue sky!
getting lost in thought at the ocean
checking out the boat
picking seashells
running!
Auntie Liz trying to take Sydney into the ocean
*My digital camera did break by the end of the day, hopefully I can buy another one soon~good thing I still have my wonderful film camera!*

No comments: