Monday, July 6, 2009

Celebrating the 4th!

Friday night we went to see fireworks with Grammy and Grampy in Webster. They were the longest fireworks I have ever been to. They were suppose to start at 9:15 and didn't start til 10! They didn't end until almost 10:45! They were nice, but nothing compared to the ones we saw in BOSTON!!!
Saturday Sydney and I (Will had to work) went with my friend Sarah and her hubby and their 3 children to Boston for the day. Her parents live in Boston so we were able to hang out there and have a cookout and then go to the park before heading off to the festivities.
Sydney had gone all day without a nap!!!! After staying up late the night before and no nap during the day I wasn't sure how she was going to do, but she did GREAT!! She did eventually end up passing out during the middle of the fireworks! She did enjoy the beginning of them, but was just so tired and they were relaxing.
We were right on the Charles in front of the barge where they shoot off the fireworks. It was absolutely amazing! Neil Diamond sang before the fireworks were let off. He sang "Sweet Caroline" while it was being broad casted, but then sand another rendition for the crowd when the TV stations weren't recording him. We had such a great time. It was worth fighting the crowds!

Carter and Sydney at the park
Daisy
Sydney posing on the slide =)
The kids found fish on the way back walking to the house
I was trying to take a picture of us~but the flash kept getting Sydney and made her close her eyes. I kept trying to take a pic and she knew it would be funny to wink or close her eyes, so this is the best I could do.
Mommy and Sydney
I think she thinks she is an act for the circus...trying to swallow her glow stick
There she is~fast asleep getting carried back thankfully by Sarah's father!
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY EVERYONE!

No comments: