Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Baby Tman Update

Last Friday I had my doctors appointment for the baby. Everything went well. Only gained 2 lbs., so that's 2 lbs. every month so far~only 8 total. The baby was moving so much, but we were able to get the heartbeat at 152 bpm. The doctor measured my uterus and it was measuring at 21 cm, and the average for this point in the pregnancy is 22-23 cm. That was his excuse to get me into an ultrasound. Who can resist seeing their baby!?!? :)
The morning prior to my appointment as I woke up I felt the baby kick above my belly button, which was the first time for the feeling to be that high up, and I could also feel it from the outside, so I grabbed Will's hand and woke him up from his sleep and told him that he would finally be able to feel the kicking, and he did! I love to be able to feel the baby kick from the inside and out!
Monday was my ultrasound. The baby looked great~as far as I could tell :)
We told the ultrasound technician that we didn't want to know the sex of the baby and she didn't slip at all :) Baby Tman was being shy and didn't want us to get a good picture, so he/she kept moving and turning his/her head. Baby Tman also insisted on keeping both arms up around his/her head and blocking the face. The baby is positioned with the feet up near my ribs, and the spine and back going down along my left side and arms and face near my pelvis. That is why I am feeling all the movements on the left side and none on the right. It's amazing knowing the feet are kicking up high and the arms are the movements I am feeling down low. The baby's heart rate at the ultrasound was 150 bpm. The technician told us that that heart rate is in the middle. She knew we were trying to guess if it was a girl or a boy by keeping track of the heartbeats.

Here are some pictures, they aren't the best ones, but at least we were able to see all body parts and got another sneak peek at Baby Tman!

The head~looking at us with the eyes and skull. The two blurs near Baby Tman's head are the arms and hands.

Side profile with and hand above the head.

No comments: