Well, we just finished up the EI assessment and thankfully Sydney doesn't qualify for their services! They had to do a full assessment, not just for her language and here is how she scored: (now remember she is only 24 months old)
Fine Motor: 26 months
Gross Motor: 26 months
Cognitive: 26 months
Self Help: 27 months
Social: 27 months
Expressive Language: 22 months
Receptive Language: 21 months
Here expressive language is about where I thought it would be. Her receptive language is just low due to Sydney not wanting to do some of the tasks they asked her to do even though she understood and could do them. She was asked to sit on a book~she told them "no" because she knows she's not suppose to sit or stand on books. That's my girl...she knows she is suppose to obey rules and what Mommy and Daddy say.
It was fun to watch the assessment~especially because I didn't have to do it this time because I wasn't working (I do them for my job too). We were able to sit and watch how Sydney interacts with unfamiliar adults and responds when they ask her to do tasks. She was a pro at completing the tasks they asked of her.
I did ask about how the lack of teeth were hindering her speech and they honestly couldn't answer because they had never come across a child that old with that little of teeth. My toothless wonder! In the end they were able to give us some tips to help her. They said that they are not concerned and nor should I be. I will have another meeting set up in 3 months to make sure she is progressing, if not, we will take it from there.
No comments:
Post a Comment