Monday, April 6, 2009

changes

Sydney is going to be going through a lot of changes in the next couple of weeks.

After our visit to the dentist on Friday we took her blankie away. The dentist said that she has an overbite from sucking on something. She thought she had a binki, but I informed her that she never had one. She does suck on her blankie, but only when she sleeps. We don't allow her to walk around with it. The dentist told me to start cutting her blanket smaller and smaller to have her stop using it. I looked at her and said "all 9?" I informed the hygienist that most of them were mine from when I was little and my mom has made all of them. I was not going to cut them up!! So the only solution was to just take it away completely. Last night was her first night without her blankie and it went fine. I don't think it's going to be difficult for her to give up, just habit of always having one is going to be hard to break, even for me to just grab one on long car rides.

They weren't able to get an x-ray because unfortunately she can't get dental insurance til next February. They were nice enough to say that they were going to do them for free for us though, but Sydney was in a bad mood due to a tooth actually coming in!!!

Next week we are going full force with potty training. She does go on the potty all the time, but I am going to put her in underwear and never go back to diapers. Now that I am not working I will have the time to focus on that.

Poor little girl, forced to grow up in just a few weeks~getting new teeth, no blankie, and big girl underwear!! =)


You will never see her like this again =(
It was cute, but I don't want the dental bills in the future!

No comments: