Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It's Official!

It's been a year since she first went on the potty!
April 17, 2008
April 13, 2009
Well, the time has come. Sydney is potty training! She is doing so well! We began yesterday morning. She only had one small accident in the morning and then has stayed dry during nap and at night! It's been about 24 hours she has stayed dry in her big girl underwear. It's been a year that she has been going on the potty, but I never had the time to devote a whole week to staying at home and just focus on potty training! She got the hang of it really fast. I was going to go the route of having a timer and have it go off every 30 minutes for her to go potty, but I realize that she needs to know when she needs to go, so I have been waiting for her to tell me or just asking her if she needs to go.
smiling pretty on the potty
We stayed in the kitchen~where there was no rug just in case, so we had to find activity after activity to do in the kitchen all day! Toward the end of the day I let her play in her room when I realized she might have the hang of it already.

Playing Play Dough
Sydney using color wonder markers on her Little Einstein book~Sydney coloring Sydney Australia!
She painted for Grampy!

No comments: