The ultrasound went great! She told us that every body part was there and all the organs and everything were there as well and working great! That was such good news to hear. She did spend a lot of time looking at the heart which scared me a little, but I guess it's such an important part with many different areas to inspect that it takes a while. We told her we didn't want to know the sex of the baby and when looking at the baby during the ultrasound she told us she wouldn't have been able to tell us anyway because it was such an active baby!
We were able to see the baby open and close it's mouth along with wiggling it's fingers. At one point the baby's hand was posed right underneath it's chin. Maybe he/she already knows how to pose and knows Mommy likes to take lots of pictures!
The heartbeat was 154~still in the lower range. As of right now I would guess it's a boy, but that's just a guess due to the heart rate. Either way I will be happy. I was just so happy to hear that it was healthy and everything was functioning normally!
As for me though, I once again lost weight, another 3 pounds! I had no idea that was going to happen. My appetite came back and I have been eating a lot more lately. The nurse told me that the first 20 weeks would just be me gaining or loosing the weight and after the 20 week mark it's the baby that is gaining the weight. If I don't gain weight by the next doctors appointment then that will be a problem. I am happy that I have lost 10 pounds so far being 19 weeks and 2 days along in this pregnancy! The baby weighs 10 oz. which is exactly how much it should weigh at this point in my pregnancy.
Here are some of the ultrasound pictures~sorry they are a little blurry and light:
This is the face~a little scary! Big eyes already just like Sydney.
No comments:
Post a Comment