Sunday, August 2, 2009

My green pepper

On Friday I was 18 weeks and 2 days along. The baby is now the size of a large green pepper. The baby is growing and so am I! The baby is about 5 1/2 inches long right now and weighs about 7 ounces. At this rate the baby will have to gain 9 more lbs. just to catch up to Sydney's birth weight! YIKES!
I actually haven't been feeling the baby move much~which makes me a little nervous. But I know it's not suppose to really happen until around this time anyway. I did feel the baby about a month ago, the first "butterfly" movements and the "elastic band" snap kind of feeling. I have my big ultrasound and doctors appointment on Friday and will be able to find out if everything is alright, or if I am just being crazy. I am still growing, so apparently the baby is too which is a good sign.
I am no longer suppose to sleep on my back, and of course it's not very comfortable to be sleeping on my stomach, so sleeping is getting to be more of a challenge lately. Overall, I love being pregnant and wouldn't change any discomfort for this blessing!

No comments: