Monday, August 3, 2009

She's ready!

I can't believe it's time already! Sydney is 2.9 which is the age at which children start preschool. Seeing as that is what I have my degree in and have several years teaching preschool, we have decided against sending her to preschool. I am going to do preschool with her right at home since I have all the materials I need.
I began with making a curriculum for every week and began this weeks by focusing on the letter "A" and reviewing her colors and number 1-10 which she already knows. We began today by reading some books about going to school and talked about how we will have school at home. She appeared to be excited and looked forward to it ever since I told her this morning. We got out a special blanket where she sits for circle time~just trying to get her use to the concept of sitting still during school. She will be getting a table and chairs for her birthday (shhhh...don't tell her) so she will be able to do more work at a table her size.
I am looking forward to being her teacher and seeing how she learns and grows!

learning the letter "A" is for Apple (thanks to my handy Cricut, it can cut all these letter and shapes out for me!)
doing some workbooks with numbers~counting apples in a tree
If this goes well, and I really enjoy doing this with her and can handle it when more children come along, maybe homeschooling will be the way to go!?!?

No comments: