Friday, January 22, 2010

Monthly Pictures~Savannah

Yesterday, January 21, 2009, Savannah turned 1 month old at 11:09 p.m. !

I can't believe how fast the past month has gone! We have celebrated her first Christmas and New Years, traveled to Massachusetts and back, she has been to church, her first visit to a restaurant~Papa Ginos (where else would it be to?), went out on her first walk outside, played in the snow, went to the ocean, had her first doctors appointment, and has outings to Walmart, Macy's, the Mall, Babies R Us, Giant Eagle, and to Kmart. She is a very busy baby~I need to get this girl a calendar!

Savannah has great neck muscles already and loves to do tummy time. She enjoys napping on her tummy on us or in her crib. She is such a smiley girl too! She has already giggled twice! She loves her head, cheeks and neck rubbed and kissed, which is great because she is so kissable! We did give in to giving her a pacifier because she always wanted to be sucking on something. She would suck on anything she could get in her mouth, our arm, her clothes, a blanket. She does make it known when she doesn't want it! She really wants to suck her thumb, but can't seem to always find it nor keep it in there when she does. I know that will come with time, but until then she can soothe herself using the pacifier. Recently in the past week she has become more alert and aware of who people are. She knows my voice and my face. When we got back from MA, she was uneasy about Will, but would calm down when I came near and talked to her or she could see me. I think Savannah is going to become a Mommy's girl.

Savannah is eating about 3-3.5 oz at a feeding. I think we will start cereal with her in the next month. She doesn't cry for more food at feedings, but does get hungry earlier than her normal 3-4 hours in between, and that's how I know to increase the ounces.

Her sleeping varies each night. I am trying so hard to put her on a schedule, but hopefully now that we are home we will be able to do that. She sleeps anywhere from 4-7.5 hours at a time at night. There have been a few nights where she will stay awake after a feeding, but just until her next feeding. It was nice to have Sydney sleep the whole night through starting at 1 week, but she was much bigger! We are hoping that when Savannah reaches that weight, 9-10 lbs, that she will sleep through the night too. We are surviving and Will and I have a set routine when she does wake up, so we are getting through it together! He is a great hubby and Daddy!

Her hair hasn't started to fall out yet~even though everyone says that it will. Sydney's never did, and I hope Savannah's doesn't either. Her eyes haven't changed since she was born, they are still a grayish color. We aren't really sure where the gray color came from, but they are still beautiful! No teeth yet either :) We don't expect those to start popping out for another year or so!


Her 1 month picture next to her octopus



No comments: