Saturday, January 30, 2010

My busy little bee!

I have been trying to keep Sydney busy with art projects and having her play a little bit on her own with some of her new toys she received at Christmas.
I have been working on her knowing all her shapes, so I had her paint large shapes so we could hang them up on her art wall for her to review. She spent a lot of time painting all of her shapes I cut out for her and so proud of the work she did as she saw it hanging on her wall.
She has also enjoyed playing with a new toy I had never even seen or heard of before. The package said it's for 6+ but honestly, even a 2 year old could use it. It's a glow in the dark board that you use a wand(the drawing utensil) that shines the light on the board in order for the picture to appear. Unfortunately it will only really appear obviously in the dark, so it's something she can only use in the evening, but she loves it!
Sydney has taken a liking to drawing and coloring~not always where she should, but it's preparing her for writing soon. She does well holding a crayon/marker correctly and she is working on taking her time and staying in the lines while coloring.

Working on her rectangle
time for the oval
and the square.
This is made by crayola and so much fun! Comes with stencils, but Sydney is getting creative and finding other things to "trace" around with the wand. We have done our profiles, hands, and several of her toys. Will and I even enjoy playing it with her! :)
This is what it looks like in the light...
this is what it does in the dark.

No comments: