Saturday, January 30, 2010

One of many....

Today Savannah reached one of the many firsts in her life~she smiled at me. Now she has always smiled when we rubbed her hair, cheeks, and neck, but today she smiled a social smile at me. I went out for a little while today (all by myself~thanks Will!!!!) and when I returned Savannah just finished a bottle and was having some unusual awake time~it's a rarity! :) When I walked over to her to say "hi" she smiled at me! Then I picked her up and interacted with her giving her kisses and talking to her and she was smiling up a storm! She was on the verge of a giggle! She has giggled before, but oddly it has always been in her sleep.

Since I got back from MA I have put her on a schedule and life is so much easier and her days are so predictable now. I put her on the schedule: eat, awake time, then sleep~and that cycles every 3-4 hours. Although, there hasn't been a whole lot of awake time, but she is sleeping so much better and hardly every fusses, just toward the end of her awake time to let us know she is getting tired and it's time for her nap. She isn't sleeping through the night yet, but she hasn't been staying awake after her feedings either. She eats and goes right back to sleep. Also, I have been working with her to have her put herself to sleep. I use to rock her and then put her down in the beginning, but she would always wake up and never get into a sound sleep, now she falls asleep on her own with hardly any crying or fussing! If it wasn't for this schedule, which I did with Sydney and learned from reading the book called Baby Wise, then I would probably be all frazzled and feel like I didn't have time for Sydney.

I also found that Savannah really enjoys sleeping on her stomach. I do put her on her stomach for naps during the day, but never do it during the night. I know~especially from my past working in childcare~that you are suppose to put them "back to sleep" but I am bending the rules....sssshhhh :)

Because of our move and Will not qualifying for health insurance until just recently and be being pregnant during the move we had to get state health insurance for her and I, which means in this state you qualify for WIC. I took Savannah to the WIC office yesterday and they had to weigh her and get her measurements and she is now 10 pounds exactly! Her head circumference is in the 100 percentile!!! I couldn't believe she had gained 2lbs. in 5 1/2 weeks! Must be all that eating and sleeping she is doing!

Overall Savannah is doing great and we couldn't be more thrilled with her! We love our new addition!

Some sleepy head pictures:

That's some crazy bed head she has!

I just love the little bum up in the air!

No comments: