Friday, December 26, 2008
Out of the mouth of babes...
As a tradition in our family, we made Jesus a birthday cake on Christmas~seeing as that is the whole reason to celebrate Christmas. Will and I have been talking to Sydney and reading books to her about the true meaning of Christmas. She understood that we celebrate Jesus' birthday and that we would have cake on His birthday just like we have cake on her birthday. After dinner we brought out the cake and asked Sydney who's birthday it was and she replied "Jesus" We began singing "Happy Birthday" and Sydney sang along with us! (she has just started to actually sing along with us to songs) After we were done singing I asked Sydney how old Jesus is and she sat there for a minute to think about the question and replied "old, older than Daddy" She completely took my by surprise. I assumed she would say "2" because that's what she says when we ask her how old she is. Also I thought she would think of him as an infant because that is what she has been seeing him as lately due to the manger scene. I was very impressed on her answer and she is absolutely right!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment