Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Maine!

On Saturday my mom, stepfather, sister-in-law and nieces and nephews and the girls and I all went up to Maine for the day. I had to at least have one beach day by the ocean while I was up in MA during the summer. And trust me, one day is all I am cut out of now a days! I am already so ready for the fall and winter! But, seeing as the girls might be like their Daddy in this area, they need to experience those beach days. This was Savannah's first time attempting to swim at the ocean. She had been to the ocean when she was 3 weeks, 3 months, and now 6 months old. She wasn't too excited about it seeing as it was numbing it was so cold! It did feel good just to splash yourself every now and then with though because it was so hot and humid out that day. I had to bring Savannah down to the ocean and splash her down with cold water before she attempted to take a nap in her little cabana. It was way too hot to just put her in without cooling her off! Sydney was digging her little heart away the whole time with Grampy. She had no desire to go into the water, even though every time she went down to the water she put her tube on around her :)
After we spend some time at the ocean we went to good old Fun O Rama! Sydney enjoys going in there and playing the games and riding the rides. Let the fun times begin there for Savannah too. Savannah and Sydney rode carousel horses together and Savannah loved it! She looked like her head was going to fall off her body, and I even got a comment saying that she is going to get shaken baby syndrome because of it, but she was fine. Below will be the video of it, I couldn't stop laughing! :)
We had such a fun time in Maine!

Savannah and Mommy!

Her first time stepping in to the water.

Sydney's digging herself to China!

Just sitting back relaxin' with Grammy enjoying her nectarine.

Out cold! She loves her baby doll!


so focused

One of her favorite games with Grampy

At first she was a little scared of the alligators, but then warmed up to hitting them :)

Sydney and Savannah and Grampy on a semi truck ride together.

Here is the video of the girls riding the horses together.

No comments: