Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial Day Parade

We had a nice low key, relaxing Memorial day this year. Unfortunately Will had to work, but my dad was on his way down from MA! He wasn't coming until later so I took the girls by myself to the parade in our town. It was HOT!!!!! Sydney and I were definitely uncomfortable waiting for the parade to start, but I kept reminding her that they were going to throw candy, and that got her all excited. We sat on the sidewalk and waited for them to start, it was short but nice. Sydney ended up with about 50 pieces of candy!


Waiting patiently for the parade to begin~people kept pointing at her and saying how much she looks like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz~not the look we were going for, but her ruby shoes were the only ones that matched her dress and I tend to put her hair in french braids when it's hot outside.

Watching the Veterans march by!

Time for a train on wheels!?!?


The local high school band.

Sydney was being friendly and waving to everyone.

After the parade we went to my sister-in-laws house for a picnic with some family and friends.
Here are some of Sydney and Savannah's cousins.

Savannah's first Memorial Day!

No comments: