After getting all nice and warm after being outside Sydney was ready to start making Christmas Ornaments~something that is becoming tradition every year now! She is able to do so much more this year. I didn't have to be concerned with her missing the bowl when she poured the ingredients in or stirring too rough and dumping all the batter outside the bowl. She was also able to press in all of her cookie cutters to make the ornaments! I love how she is growing up so much and is able to do so much more! Will defiantly be a help when this new baby comes!
I love the smell of cinnamon that lingers in the house for weeks after we make these ornaments. We put on Christmas music and had fun making these to give to others as well as decorate our own tree. Sydney wanted to decorate the tree right away with them, but I had to explain that they take days and days to actually dry enough to put on the tree.
Adding in all the ingredients before stirring. The tongue hanging out helps her concentrate on what she is doing =) Gets that from her Daddy.

There it is again...

Stirring, with supervision from Mommy.

I saw she could handle it, so I backed away and let her do it on her own....well, I backed away, as you can see the baby is still in the picture =)

She used her rolling pin from her kitchen set to roll, but it wasn't working very well.

Mommy shared her rolling pin.

Sydney's making her first ornament....push!

She made a star!

She was very proud of her work that she had done!
1 comment:
I cannot believe that you do not have a special ornament making outfit for Sydney. I'm disappointed!
Post a Comment