Monday, December 14, 2009

Last view from inside...

Today I went for an ultrasound because I was measuring large and they wanted to see how big the baby is actually measuring. Because I had not been for an ultrasound there and they didn't have any record of what the baby looked like they needed to do a full body ID. It was great to see the baby again and how big he/she has gotten. She spent a lot of time at the face trying to get really good pictures, but the baby was asleep the whole time. She was shaking my belly trying to get him/her to wake up, but couldn't. The baby was holding one arm across his/her face and the other one was up in the air by it's face (as seen in the photo below). The baby has a great pucker face though~nice full lips! The baby looked great~nothing wrong with the brain, heart, or kidneys. We also heard the heartbeat during the ultrasound~beating at 162 bpm, and that's while he/she was asleep!

Later that day I went back for my actual doctors appointment where we got to hear the heartbeat again~164 bpm! I am 2 cm dilated~although as of last night I feel like the baby's head is right between my legs and could drop out at any time. The doctor was shocked at how swollen my legs and feet were. =( He said my body is just not meant for more pregnancies, not really his decision if you ask me. If I can walk away with swollen feet and legs and have large healthy baby's and have a great pregnancy, personally I am going to continue to have more. If the Duggars can do it, so can I! :)

Because of the baby's weight the doctor thought it would be a good idea to induce me. We are getting induced on Monday, December 21! Hopefully the induction takes and we will be home on the 23rd~just in time to relax for Christmas!

Now the pressure is on (literally and figuratively). I still have much to do around here to get ready for Christmas and company, and the baby coming!


the baby's profile, hand lips, and nose

No comments: