Friday, May 7, 2010

Cousins

Once a month my sister-in-laws and I have been having our daughters take turns for hosting a luncheon for their cousins and their Mommy's. Next month will be Sydney and Savannah's turn to be the hosts'. The girls love getting together and being able to pick out the food that is served, help cook, set the table (including name cards), and serve the food. Although, I have yet to see them wash the dishes afterward :)

This luncheon we had yesterday was special because my niece~age 9 (who was our flower girl in our wedding) talked to us all in person for the first time in about 8 years! She had become a selective mute and would only talk to her parents, brother, and one of her aunts. All of a sudden this week she had a breakthrough and is talking to everyone in the family and talking to 2 friends from school. She still has a ways to go, be we are so excited at her progress!!!

I am glad that we chose to live around family. I enjoy getting together with my sister-in-laws and their children and having special events like this. Maybe we will continue this little tradition until they go off to college :)

I took my camera out a little too late~I didn't get a picture of one of my nieces.



Belle and Savannah~Belle wants a little sister like Savannah so badly! She prays for one every night!

Sydney, Belle, and Savannah ♥
Sydney and Belle are exactly 2 weeks apart in age!

No comments: