Unfortunately I had taken my card out of my camera and had been taking pictures from the beginning and didn't realize it, so this was a few minutes into their paining.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Painting together
I thought it would be fun for the girls to do an art project together today, so since Savannah can only paint at the moment I figured I would add something to the paint to make it a little more interesting than just paint. I had to think of something that wouldn't harm Savannah if ingested, and of course this was the only time she didn't stick her hands in her mouth. I had Sydney choose the two paint colors and she chose pink and purple. I placed flour on their paper and then poured the paint over it. It gave it a more pasty texture. Savannah watched Sydney paint most of the time with her hands nicely folded~too cute! Sydney finished painting rather quickly, of course, so I have her another task. I told her to practice writing some of her letters that are in her name in the paint. She did well, but then drew over them. I did capture her letter "S" though. Overall, it went well. I thought I would be a little stressed about both of them covered in paint, but I have to say, it was smooth sailing! I was prepared with a tubby ready for Savannah and just had Sydney wash up in the sink. Maybe something I think I could handle again. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment