Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Baking Clay~Part 1

I was daring and tried something new and very messy today with the girls. And when I say messy, I mean messy! Even I had flour all over me and I had to change!!! We made some baking clay together, cut out shapes with cookie cutters and popped them into the oven. I let the girls just dig in and not worry about getting messy, because we weren't going to eat this and it was more of a sensory project. It's extremely easy to make~4 cups of flour, 1 cup of salt, and 1 1/2 cups of water and mix! Savannah enjoyed eating it as usual, although once that salt went in she did not enjoy that mouthful she took. Sydney's getting really good at measuring and pouring into the bowl, so I just told her how many and let her go to town. We did it one the floor so it would be easier for Savannah to dig right in as well.
Once we cut out the shapes they had to go into the oven for an hour at 350 and bake and then cool, so tomorrow we will paint or just use markers to decorate our clay pieces.

Sydney's getting our 4 cups of flour~ for every cup she pours in Savannah eats about 1/4th of it :)


Help yourself Savannah :)


mixing together

Time to cut out the shapes.

Sydney helped roll out the dough.

Savannah wanted so badly to help, well, just eat it.


She attempted to cut her shape out, but once again, just wanted to eat the dough.


*There are two more posts to follow this one~stay tuned*

No comments: