Friday, August 20, 2010

Little Sickie :(

Well it's official, Savannah is officially sick for the first time!.
This morning while I was getting ready for work, Will was getting the girls ready. Savannah took her morning bottle as usual and then we all headed downstairs to eat breakfast at the table together. Savannah fussed the whole time at the table and didn't want anything to eat. We put her down and the fussing didn't really stop. I attempted to make her another bottle to see if she would take that in case she was still hungry, but she didn't want that. Will tried to feed her a jar of bananas, but she didn't want that. I just thought she might be teething, so I gave her a little bit of Tylenol, and off to school we went.
When we arrived at school as I was carrying her in I thought she felt a little warm, so I went into my directors office and took her temp which was 101.1 and then called her doctor to make an appointment so he could determine if she is sick and we should go home or she is just teething. I left a message and while waiting for a return phone call I went back to my room. I put Savannah on the floor to play/or should I say just fuss, when she threw up! Well, that was it, we were on our way back home. I did leave Sydney there so as to not infect her with whatever Savannah had and I knew she would have more fun there than at home with me taking care of Savannah.
I put Savannah in the car and she immediately fell asleep and I just put her in her crib when we got home where she slept for the next 3 hours. In the meantime, the doctor called and said that if she is still sick they will see her tomorrow morning, but until then just give her Pedialyte and Tylenol. When I went to get her after her nap she was burning up! I took her temp which was now 102.8 and gave her Tylenol right away. My sister-in-law went to the store and had brought her some Pedialyte~thanks so much Candi!!! I was worried that Savannah wouldn't drink it because she won't drink juice. She reluctantly drank a few sips out of a bottle so I put it in her sippy where she only took a few sips as well.
Off to the tubby she went. I thought she would relax and have a good time, but she was just in no mood to play :( After the tubby we tried more sippy and made popsicles out of the Pedialyte (thanks for the idea Mom). We then took off to get Sydney before Savannah went down for another nap. Savannah does really well with a sippy in her car seat so we brought it along with us. She was able to down about an ounce in the car right~thankfully!
The Tylenol has been in her system for about 2 hours now so I took her temp again and it was still at 101.8 :( So off to bed my poor baby went. We are praying she gets better soon and doesn't dehydrate! More updates later.

No comments: