Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pre-K has begun!

Monday began my first day of teaching Pre-K as well as Sydney's first day of Pre-K! The Pre-K class is for 4&5 year olds, but Sydney isn't quite 4. Since she turns 4 in 2 months they said she could go. She will have to redo Pre-K again next year because she is 2 months shy of the actual cut off date for Kindergarden, but at least she will be very well prepared. I do enjoy being her teacher, it's a good transition for her to feel comfortable attending school on a regular basis. Once I go on maternity leave she will have another teacher and that teacher will finish out the year with them. Basically after the end of January, I will no longer be her teacher, so I need to enjoy the time I have with her now. She will continue to go even when I am on maternity leave~which will be a huge help for me to get a break. Not to mention it's better for her because it probably won't be as fun at home hanging out with a newborn and a 14 month old all day.
Sydney did well at school, and actually called me Miss Marissa a couple times like her classmates :). She acomplished the tasks very well that were asked of her. I think she will do great in Pre-K!

I had each child write their name and draw a picture of themselves at the writing table. I wanted to see exactly where each child was at with their writing and drawing abilities. Sydney did well at this. Surprisingly she was able to do better than some of the 4 year olds in the class.

Sydney's reading some books with her friends in the quiet area.

Part of the day every child loves~gym time!!! Sydney has been talking about this red scooter for days now~we might have to invest in one for someones birthday! :)

No comments: