Today I had my first doctors appointment for this pregnancy~at 11 weeks and 3 days. We were there for an hour and a half! I didn't know what to expect out of a first doctors appointment in PA because I have only had them in MA and they do things differently here.
They began with asking me my medical history~which I'm not sure why they did again, they have it from me being there only 7 months ago :)
They took my blood pressure which was normal. They were trying to calculate my due date and how far along I actually am. I had all the answers for them~internet makes it so easy to know that stuff already! :) They could tell I was very informed to what was going on. They confirmed my due date of February 14th~Valentines Day! I did tell him that I believe I am actually a week behind, so the baby would actually measure out to be only 10 weeks and 3 days. He said that he can't believe me, he has to go by what his chart says. If the ultrasound measures the baby more than 10 days off what my calculated due date is then they will change my due date. So, we now just have to wait for my ultrasound on Tuesday.
They then brought in the doppler to hear the baby's heartbeat. It took them a while to find it, but they did, it was 180~which sounds to me like another girl! :) Like I said before, we aren't going to find out the sex of the baby, but we will try to figure it out by the baby's heartbeat~so much fun! :)
Then it was time for the doctor to come in. The doctor then did his exam and said that I am on the smaller side, so now he believes me that I am a week behind what my calculated date is suppose to be.
I am excited for the ultrasound on Tuesday and my next doctors appointment on August 30th. It was great to hear the baby's heartbeat~it definitely doesn't get any less exciting with the more children. I love every moment of it! :)
1 comment:
u go mama! Have a few for me too :p Enjoy every min u are an awesome mom!
Post a Comment