Saturday, July 10, 2010

6 Month Doctor Visit

Thursday morning (July 1st) Savannah had her 6 month check up. It went GREAT! She was so happy and was in great spirits!
She now weighs 15lbs. 11 oz. and is 26 inches. She hasn't grown by their measurements, but they said it's usually difficult to measure them and be 100 percent accurate because it's hard to make them stretch as much as they can. She is in the 42 percentile for weight and 53 percentile for height. She is average all around, although, not for her gross motor skills. The doctor said she has the gross motor skills of an 8-9 month old! The doctor was very impressed that she was very steady sitting up, getting in the crawling position, and being able to get herself into the sitting position all by herself. I think having an older sibling increases their desire to move so they can play with them.
She had to get just one shot. They had me hold her arms while they held her leg and gave her the shot. I just pretended that I was tickling her under her arms and she barely knew she even got a shot. She whimpered for a second, and then went back to laughing. She is just a happy baby! I do love her! :)
Here are a few pictures of her even having fun with the paper on the table. Looks like that might be our next toy! :)

She was playing peek-a-boo with the paper

No comments: