Saturday, July 24, 2010

First Day of School!

I am officially back to work, but just part time. I thought MA wasn't going to pass the bill to extend the unemployment, therefore I just needed something for a short period of time. I went out looking one day and had 3 interviews for the 3 places I looked at. One was for a behavioral therapist job and the other was for a teacher for Pre-K. I was offered the behavioral therapist position, but I turned it down. It did have the best pay, but I knew that it wouldn't be that flexible, and I would have to deal with boys up to 18 years of age with behavioral problems. With being pregnant, I knew that just would not be the best job for me. Therefore, I took the Pre-K position. What sold me mainly was that if I ever needed to bring the girls it would be FREE!!!!! I had never heard of that, but it wasn't something I could pass up! I had been working there for 2 weeks before Sydney and Savannah had to come. Will had worked his schedule around at least 2 out of the 3 days he would be home with the girls.

The child care center is out of a church and has just started at the end of last summer, so they are new and shockingly, I was the ONLY one with child care experience, and that's including the director and assistant director!!!! To give you an idea of how small it is during the summer, there are only a max of 12 children there a day. As of right now, during the summer, we are all in one room. So when I do take the girls I am able to be their teacher, which is wonderful! I am at work, yet not missing a moment of their life.

As I start my own classroom come August 23rd, I am teaching the 4 and 5 year olds. Since Sydney won't be 4 til October I had asked if she could still be in my class and they said it was up to me, that if I thought she could handle to work asked of her. I know she can, she loves older children and loves doing whatever it is that they are. I am excited to be here teacher, but yet a little nervous.

I will only be teaching til the end of January/beginning of February. After that there will be no need for me to "have" to go back to work. I can ask to just be on call if they ever need me, which is also another wonderful added benefit to working there.

The girls did wonderful on their first day of school! Sydney made some new friends. One of which kept forgetting her name and would call her "Cornelius" instead! No idea where or how she came up with that name for her, but now we have even started calling Sydney that at home! :) Savannah loved playing and exploring with all the new toys and even made some friends too. Savannah is the youngest child in the center, there are 2 one year olds, and the oldest we have had is 11.

Sydney with her lunch box on her first day of school.

What a goof! She was so excited!!

Sydney loves playing with the older kids!

My happy go lucky little girl! :)

Making friends!

Playing with some of their toys.

Making more friends! :)

Lunch time!

No comments: