Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Art Time

After nap today we got out our paints and a pine cone that we finally got out of the car that we saved to paint with. Sydney and I talked about which colors we should use to paint with and we decided on brown and then green. Instead of just pulling out the brown paint, I had asked Sydney what colors we could mix together to make brown. She basically took every color we had and said we should mix all of them to get brown. She was actually correct. We used red, blue, green, and yellow and they did end up making a dark brown color. She rolled her pine cone into the paint and then rolled it all around on her paper.
After she wanted to paint with her paint dabbers. She is in a rainbow stage, because she painted one with her paint dabbers and drew one with her chalk as well. When it was time to clean up her paint dabbers I told her we needed to put them back into their case and she told me "no, we have to make sure they are lined up first!"~a little OCD! Once those were cleaned up we took out her chalk. I had her color on white paper and then on black paper. We discussed how the colors were more bright on the black paper and looked prettier.
I have been wanting to get Savannah's foot prints, so that's all the art work she did today. I thought it would be cute to get the girls foot prints together on one page, so I had Sydney do her foot print as well. I am going to do something with them and then frame them.


She's mixing all her colors together to get brown.

Time to paint....gotta roll first!

Run away pine cone!

Lookin' good!



Her creation!

Her rainbow with paint dabbers.

Lining them up.

Another rainbow with chalk.

So colorful!

It started out as her "football"

Now that's talent!

It ended up being her kitty cat~notice all the whiskers!

Sydney and Savannah's foot prints.

No comments: