I really like the girls doctor because he is very personable and will tell you things straight up. He tends to spend almost an hour with us every time we go for a doctor visit. We always end up discussing vaccinations because I want to be informed and know what exactly is going into my child's body. Shockingly he informed me that Sydney's previous pediatrician had given her 2 doses of the chicken pox vaccination and another vaccination. Seriously, what's the point in keeping records if you don't even check them! Just another reason why I am trying to stay informed and up to date on the girls vaccinations now. Although Savannah got one today that I said "no" to! Since the day she was born I refused the Hep. B vaccination. Every time I go to the doctors they ask me again if I want it for her and every time I say "no" and I have to sign a refusal paper. The not so intelligent nurse today gave her the Hep. B vaccination that was already in with 2 other vaccines in the one shot. If a parent refuses the Hep. B they have a vaccine shot that does not include the Hep. B. The doctor was really upset about what had happened and actually pulled her out and spoke to her during our visit. He did apologize to me and wrote a note on her chart for the next time. Frustrating though that even when you try so hard to keep your kids away from certain vaccines and sign papers and explain to them why you don't want a vaccine they still give it! If in some way Savannah has the slightest reaction, we are going to take legal action! I love the doctor, but he needs some new nurses!
When Savannah did get her shots Sydney helped me hold her! Sydney was in charge of her arms and I held her let where the shot was going into. Sydney did a great job~such a big help!
Sydney's trying to keep her entertained before the doctor sees her.
No comments:
Post a Comment