Sydney started soccer today! I can't believe she is old enough to play on a team already!?!?! Where did the past 3 1/2 years go? Today was just practice and the have their first "big game" (so the coach says) tomorrow! Their practice was super cute! He actually did more with them that I anticipated. He had them stretch, run a lap around the field(!) and then do some drills with them. I was completely shocked at how well Sydney paid attention and followed directions!!! (Now why can't she do that at home?!?!) She has two friends that she knew previously that are on her team. I think that also made her feel more comfortable out there. She was super excited today to start soccer~she couldn't even nap~that part, not so good for Mommy :( but boy did she fall asleep right away-7:45. I can't wait to see how she does during her game tomorrow! More pictures to come tomorrow!
Sydney during warm ups with another little girl.

Sydney with her friends~Noah and Nina (Their mom is from MA too!)

She's working on her "super soccer kick"!

She enjoyed her water breaks as much as she did actually playing! She would run off the field to me saying "Mommy, we get ANOTHER water break!" Too cute!

Shocked at how well they are all paying attention!

Sitting ducks :)

Time to do "Red Light, Green Light." During green light they dribble the ball down the field, and red light they have to stop the ball and put their foot on the top.

The pep talk at the end of practice went something like this... "
ok kids, let's talk about our big game tomorrow"~I just about died laughing! :)
Notice Sydney's the only one paying attention to what the coach is saying~completely shocked!!! Did not expect that from her~so proud of her!!!

Enjoy the videos! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment