Friday, April 2, 2010

Eggcelent!

It's that time of year again....time to color the Easter Eggs. Savannah is too young this year to participate, so the three of us colored eggs while she was napping, but we did make a couple for her. I can't wait until next year when the girls do them together! I liked this kit that we got this year because it had so many options of ways to decorate the eggs. You could just dye them, write on them with the wax crayon, put stickers on them, sponge paint them, paint them with paint brushes or q-tips. I knew with the sponge painting with the dye things were going to get messy so I had Sydney change into some play clothes that were already stained. That way I wouldn't worry and could be calm with her using dye.
Some eggs were hurt in the process of coloring. Sydney dropped 2 and cracked them open :( So those were unable to be colored, but they sure tasted yummy! :)


Let the egg decorating begin....

Daddy really got into it. He was very serious about how his eggs were colored.


This is only halfway through....that's not even bad compared to how they looked at the end!

Sydney sponge painting her egg.


Areal shot.


Comparing their messy hands.

OH MY!

All of our eggs!

No comments: